Here at Adelante, we get a LOT of companies, organizations and individuals looking for Latinos and especially Spanish-speakers to fill job positions, volunteer spots and/or committee posts. We’re always happy to pass them on when we’ve got a moment to breathe (and copy & paste), but your best bet is to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the MOST up-to-date postings!
Bilingual Call Center Team Member (Part Time)
Elder Law of Michigan
Job Code Number
This bilingual Call Center Team Member for Reverse Mortgage Counseling will provide professional, prompt, and accurate service to persons calling a national hotline that Elder Law of Michigan is now running for the National Council on Aging (NCOA). There are two hotlines, each receiving between 200-500 calls a month: one for persons over the age of 62 that are considering a reverse mortgage and need an appointment with a certified Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counselor; and one for lenders that are working with seniors who received a reverse mortgage but have not maintained the required insurance and property tax payments.
The bilingual Call Center Team Member for Reverse Mortgage Counseling, along with the Team Leader for Reverse Mortgage Counseling, will be responsible for making certain that all calls into these hotlines are handled promptly and efficiently. The Team Members will not provide counseling on any of these topics, but will do screening, intake, data entry, follow up, payment processing, and referral to the appropriate agency.
The bilingual Call Center Team Member is essential to the success of this contract. Elder Law of Michigan intends to go above and beyond its commitments under its contract with NCOA, and the Call Center Team Member for Reverse Mortgage Counseling must have the same level of commitment. To find out more about Elder Law of Michigan and its programs, please visit www.elderlawofmi.org.
– This is a part-time, non-exempt hourly position with a starting pay of $15.00 per hour.
– A generous personal leave policy is available, including paid holidays.
– Health Saving Account plan is available.
– Telecommuting is available on a limited basis
– Ongoing professional development is encouraged through mentoring, classes, and potential opportunity for promotion within the company.
Key Responsibilities, Actions, and Results
– Answer incoming calls to the National Council on Aging’s Reverse Mortgage Counseling Call Center promptly and professionally.
– Respond to callers’ requests for information and or services through the use of a guided script.
– Solicit required information and enter this information accurately into the case management system.
– With the Team Leader for the Reverse Mortgage Counseling Call Center, monitor call activity and demand to ensure that all calls are answered according to established benchmarks for service.
– Screen callers for fee waivers, collect required payments from those that do not qualify for the waiver, and document all transactions
– As demand allows and as needed, answer other incoming calls to ELM’s three other programs and provide screening, intake, and scheduling for these callers.
– As demand allows and as needed, complete general administrative projects with little supervision but with support.
Provide support for administrative functions
– Assist with Grant Development and Management with tasks such as identification of revenue opportunities; assist with grant writing and submission; assist with data collections and reporting; assist with grant monitoring and reporting; assist with data collection and reporting; maintaining the grant and project management system database.
– Participate in the development and implementation of policies and projects.
– Provide support to other ELM programs as may be assigned.
Enhance the organization in the community
– Identify good stories that are representative of the work that ELM does and the difference that ELM team members make in the lives of their clients each day.
– Write at least one blog post each month on a topic relating to the work of ELM, a current event, a personal perspective, etc.
– Participate in fund development by promoting the organization, identifying potential donors or funding opportunities, representing ELM when required, and thanking donors in a timely manner.
– Based in Lansing, MI
– Primarly hours for this position are 5pm to 8pm, Monday through Friday, with a need for availability to work Tuesday and Thursday evening, additional hours may be availableMonday, Wednesday and Friday.
– 15 to 25 hours of work per week, with possibility of up to full time employment (35-40 hours per week)
– Business-casual attire, using guidelines and good judgment, is appropriate unless meeting with a funder or client, which would requireprofessional business attire
– Ability to stand and/or sit for more than 90 minutes at a time is often required due to meetings, presentations, and call center operations.
– Experience providing customer service
– College coursework in social services field preferred
– Bilingual with a fluency in Spanish
– Knowledge of, or ability to quickly obtain knowledge of, the aging services provided in Michigan
– Proven strong communication skills in the following areas: written, oral, and active listening
– Basic understanding of office productivity software, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
– Basic understanding of Google Apps, including Gmail, calendar, and contacts
– Experience with contact management systems would be extremely helpful
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail necessary
– Reliable technical skills related to the operation of computer-based applications
– Proven track record of working in a collaborative team environment
– Understanding of public and external relations
– Able to pass a criminal background check related to the sensitive nature of the information that will be accessible
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be filled as soon as possible.